Our Webinars cover a wide variety of topics ranging from furniture flammability to the future of the furniture industry. Click the link above to view our current selection.
There are no training events scheduled at this time. Check back for updates.
Supervisor Manufacturing Management Training
To provide basic manufacturing instructional training in the areas of modern manufacturing, leadership, and management to first-line supervisors in the furniture industry.
Pedagogy: (May vary based upon individual industry needs)
Instruction is divided into four (4) topic areas, each consisting of four, three-hour modules. Each module can be delivered in one three-hour session or three one-hour sessions at the discretion of the host industry. A (100) point written test will be administered at the conclusion of each topic area.
- Introduction to Modern Manufacturing: (12 in-class hours)
- Introduction / Assessment / History
- The Role of: Management / Engineers / Supervisors
- The Economic, Production and Local Environment
- Review / Test 1 / Test Evaluation
- Leadership: (12 in-class hours)
- Theories, Leadership and Emotions, Contexts of Leadership
- Leadership Character Model, Stress Management, Conflict Resolution
- Motivational Concepts, Motivational Theories, Controlling Motivation
- Review / Test 2 / Test Evaluation
- Management: (12 in-class hours)
- Organizational Structure (Classifications / Types / Culture)
- Economics / Labor Theories of Value / Employment and Wages
- Job Analysis / Human Factors and Safety / Work Standards
- Review / Test 3 / Test Evaluation
- Modern Manufacturing: (12 in-class hours) includes: SPC, VSM, TQM, Kanban, 6 Sigma, FMS & 5S
- History / Strategies / Techniques
- Analysis / Supply Chain / JIT
- Waste Reduction / Lean Manufacturing / Advanced Lean Methods
- Review / Test 4 / Course Evaluation
Completion levels will be assigned based upon test scores, hours attended and attitude. Total Points = 500
- Graduate (400-500)
- Honors (450-475)
- Highest Honors (475-500)
- Participant (300-399)
- Attendee (200-299)
Completion will result in a first line supervisor who has a better understanding of the basics of leadership, the management team, and manufacturing as a business and is capable of executing and communicating guidance and direction. Industry will gain key value-added team members with enhanced skills and education.